magikspells

magikspells

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) - Julie Kagawa,  Terese Plummer Forget Insurgent! Forget City of Lost Souls. THIS was my most anticipated book this year. I had such high hopes for this book and it lived up to what I thought it would be and more.

Lets be honest. I don't believe this book to be perfect, not in the least. But was it everything I hoped it would be! Certainly.

I love Julie's take on vampires and dystopian worlds. She melded these two together, I felt like it was more of a story about vampires, I didn't feel like the dystopian landscape was the highlight. Plus there were explanations about how their world came to be this way. That drives me nuts about other dystopian books, you should just accept that everything sucks and that's it. That's a cop out!!

I'm not going to lie and say that I loved all the characters, they were all flawed, but I think that's what made them all relatable.

And lastly, I really liked the role reversal with the girl being the evil monster and the boy being the innocent naive one who happens to be trapped in an unfortunate situation.

All and all I would recommend this book to anyone that likes dystopian stories or vampire stories.