magikspells

magikspells

Legend - Marie Lu I enjoyed this book. It wasn't great, it wasn't bad, but it was a good story. And I feel like if I would have read this before I read The Hunger Games or Divergent, I probably would have liked it better then I did those two.

What I liked most about the book was that there was more then one main POV. I quite enjoyed both Day and June's POV's. They were both believable characters and both were likeable as well. I also didn't feel bogged down with the typical YA love connection, though at some points I couldn't help but to be like 'really?' but that's to be expected.

But compared to the other dystopian books, I liked this overall characterization of the world because I didn't feel like they tried to wrap groups of people up into neat little boxes (like the Districts in Hunger Games or the different personality types in Divergent). Granted there were divisions, rich and poor, working class and elite, military and rebels, but these are divisions that actually exist in the world. I didn't feel like they were so constraining hard to believe.

Though like I said, the book was ok which is why I'm not going to talk about it much. I'll probably read the next one, we'll see once it's out.