magikspells

magikspells

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead I have so many feelings about this book! Especially the end!!!! There aren't enough exclamation points in the world for it.

I love this universe, I just get lost in it. And this series just builds it into something that much more entertaining. While Sydney is certainly a flawed protagonist, a lot more flawed than Rose for sure, it works. At first glance she's annoying, bossy, has a lot of issues, but her perspective is what makes the story. Her pragmatic commentary is downright amusing. And this book explains a lot of her annoying issues I think.

And honestly, I'm not one for shipping, but in my eyes Adrian can do no wrong. His infatuation for Sydney is so painfully obvious, including the parts with Jill flirting with Sydney. That killed me. Adrian, you broken badboy, you just need a hug.

I could go on about some literary stuff, but really I read these books because their fun, entertaining, and I love the characters. The story was a predictable in parts, especially with the involvement of the vampire hunters with a certain student, but I don't care about that. It's about losing yourself in another world for a while, that's the point of a good book. And now the countdown begins until the next book. So long of a wait.

But a note about the cover, I think I missed something and how it relates to the story.... who is this other blond girl? I assumed it would be one of Sydney's sisters, but no. Random thoughts.