magikspells

magikspells

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) - Laini Taylor,  Khristine Hvam Damn the inability to give half stars!! I wanted to give this book 4.5 stars, but regardless! I loved this story. It was sweeping, epic, magical, addictive, enticing, and above all unique. I've been wondering where a lot of the creativity in YA books went? Well here's a shining example.

Lets be real though, there's a lot of non creative elements. Yet ANOTHER story where I have to hear in great detail about how inhumanly beautiful the dude is. Damn Edward Cullen ruined this for us all. Stop describing men like this! We all read Twilight, this is exactly what it brings to mind and it's NOT good! Akiva does not deserve of being thrown into that classification. I'm ranting, but that's the main thing that irritated me.

The story is sort of bogged down by a lot of romantic babble toward the middle and end, which I normally dislike, but I managed to wade through. The intrigue kept me going. I had to know more about this world and these characters.

I can't describe this book without spoiling anything and my descriptions wouldn't do justice to the story. It's not one to be 'summed' up. If you love fantasy and a creative story, this is for you. If you like questions (just enough to make you curious, it's not a mystery), this is for you. If you like chicks with blue hair and dudes with wings, this is for you. Just read it, get sucked into the story and the world and see for yourself.

Just remember to be careful what you wish, especially for once you realize where those wishes come from.