magikspells

magikspells

The Runaway King  - Jennifer A. Nielsen I honestly don't think I can say much about this book without giving anything away that might spoil it or the first book. I'll try to do my best.

Sage is back in this book, for another round of adventure. This time he's left the capital in order to travel to a neighboring country where he'll attempt to join the pirates. These pirates aren't confined to the sea, they have their own land and even their own king. And Sage has a score to settle with them.

This book further reiterates what I love so much about Sage, he's sarcastic and mean, but he's damn clever and resourceful. People continually doubt and underestimate him, and yet he perseveres. Yet judging by the end of this book, it seems people aren't done underestimating him though. I assume that will be their loss.

Familiar faces grace this book as well as some new ones. Roden was a surprise, he's changed so much, but he's so bitter about how events transpired in the first installment. But I loved Harlowe and Erick. I wasn't sure how I felt about Erick to begin with, but they were great additions to the cast, even if it already was kind of a sausage fest.

I have to wait until 2014 for the next book! The next book doesn't even have a synopsis yet! Ugh, what am I doing to do?